The Jakeopod Hive is the collection of arthropods and other similar lifeforms being harvested, farmed, and cultured by us. Below, you will find information about the Hive displayed publicly. Which will be updated in accordance with events correlating to the Hive.
Jakrine Hive Tendrils
Tendrils are the different sects in the Hive consisting of different species of arthropods. They may be separated into sub-tendrils if sub-species or other similar things arise. As of 12/12/2022 the Hive only has one branch, however we plan to expand it.
The Morio Tendril is the oldest tendril currently existing. It consists exclusively of Zophobas Morio, a species of large superworm. It currently has two diverging sub-tendrils, one only recently sprouting. They are located in a variety of habitats, including the Prime Tank, where all young worms are stored, the Adult Enclosure, where all adult beetles are stored, and the pupation chambers, where all pupating worms are stored.
Morio Prime Tendril Log
Logging of the Morio Tendril began around three weeks after they were first formed. It originally consisted of a dozen Zophobas Morio individuals. This is the original prime branch of the Morio tendril, however a piece of it broke off to form the Foamchewer sub-branch.
- 11/8/2022: The Firstborn exits its cocoon. She is the first adult beetle in the entirety of the Morio Tendril. She is named Cookie Dough, as the adult container is a retrofitted cookie dough vat.
- 11/23/2022: Two worms have begun pupation in pupation chambers. Hopefully, they will mature in time to mate with Cookie Dough.
- 11/23/2022: The largest worm in the pupation chambers has yet to pupate despite having ideal pupation conditions. Perhaps it must increase in size?
- 11/24/2022: Thanksgiving meal has been placed in Prime Tank. Celery has been gifted to Cookie Dough.
- 11/25/2022: Juvenile 3’s pupation chamber has been utterly infested with mycetal mutagens. Relocating and isolating. Sweeping other pupation chambers for mold intrusions.
- Addendum I: Juvenile 1 is infested with mold more-so than Juvenile 2. This is a far larger catastrophe than previously thought. Transporting specimens to isolation tank.
- Addendum II: Juvenile 3 does not appear infected. But is lethargic and has yet to pupate. It will be isolated and fed. Thanksgiving meals will be removed from bug enclosures as anti-mold precaution.
- Addendum III: Placing large worms into pupation chambers to supplant the role of the currently isolated pupa. Worm maturation program can be deemed a failure.
- Addendum IIII: In conclusion, Anti-Mold protocols will be enforced more strictly.
- 12/1/2022: Firstborn has been hydrated. New grub added to pupation chamber. Food in primary chamber switched.
- 12/3/2022: A dozen new worms have been added to primary chamber.
- 12/8/2022: Second-born awakens and is relocated safely despite a hassle and panic. Food safely replaced in Primary Tank
- 12/8/2022: Shell of the Second-born darkens in color.
- 12/12/2022: Cookie Dough dies of hypothermia. Her body is preserved. Third-born hatches. Plastic-Eater sub-tendril is formed.
- 12/13/2022-12/23/2022: Nothing of note occurs. Routine care habits are maintained.
- 12/24/2022: Adult enclosure is utterly infested with mold. Deep cleaning is undergone and the settlement is cauterized. Adults temporarily relocated. Routine cage-cleanups are now mandatory.
- 12/24/2022: Another adult bug fully pupates and is successfully relocated.
- 12/27/2022: New adult is successfully relocated into enclosure.
- 12/30/2022: Adult enclosure is cleaned of mold and food replaced.
- 1/3/2023: The Adult Enclosure is so utterly infested in a mycetal counterattack that it is beyond repair. The adults are relocated to the primary enclosure.
- Addendum I: If the Primary Enclosure becomes infested with mold, which is unlikely although plausible, the Morio Prime Tendril will be destroyed to prevent its spread.
- Addendum II (Written 5/3/2022): The adult organisms seem to be thriving in the larger enclosure. More-so than they did previously. Which is suggested by their quick desire to mate.
- 1/3/2023: Two adult bugs begin the mating process. (Images TBA)
- 2/3/2023: Two adult bugs die.
- 2/10/2023: New bug pupates.
- 2/26/2023: All adults die, one new worm casualty.
- 2/26/2023: Habitat reform is completed. Substrate replaced.
- 2/27/2023: Hydration sheet replaced.
Foamchewer Tendril Log
Lasted from 12/12/2022 to 2/26/2023 before extinction.
- 12/12/2022: First Plastic-Eater is relocated to its tank and begins eating polystryene.
- 12/12/2022: One new worm is relocated to Plastic-Eater habitat.
- 12/24/2022: Five new worms are relocated to the Plastic-Eater habitat.
- 1/3/2023: Plastic-Eater tendril is without quarrel. Plans for a larger habitat are under way.
- 1/3/2023: Plastic-Eaters are renamed to the Foamchewers.
- 1/13/2023: An adult Foamchewer is introduced into the prime tank.
- 2/26/2023: Alleged time of Foamchewer Extinction event. All worms die. Their bodies are disposed of.